Saturday 8 June 2013

Counterfeit Kit - a re-think!

Earlier this week I assembled my take on the Destination kit by Scraptastic for this month's CKCB.
After several false starts with a couple of layouts I've decided that I chose the wrong kit to forge and that I should have gone with the After The Storm kit instead.
Guess I'm just not into pink because I'm not feeling the Barbie love at all!
So, I put most of the June is bustin' kit back in the box and played around with some other bits & bobs. This is what I came up with.






Fancy Pants Hopscotch banners; Cosmo cricket Tiny Type; white mini alphas; bakers twine; Pebbles Chips; jillibean soup labels; October Afternoon toothpick flags; Little Yellow Bicycle Clear Cuts; labels, alphas & bits and pieces from stash.
Papers: Graphic 45; Glitz Design; Studio Calico; Dear Lizzie; American Crafts; Teresa Collins; Crate Paper; 3 Bugs in a rug; MME - Miss Caroline; Carta Bella; Basic Grey – Hello Luscious and co-ordinating card stock from stash.

I think this kit will work much better for me and the pix that I hope to scrap this month.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I admire your resolve to have a kit for the month that works for you. (loled at the Barbie comment, teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!!! Love this kit and the fact that you tried again. Loved that!! The Barbie comment cracked me up too =)

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have one, or two kits, when you can have four? I am working on building both kits and both add-ons. They seem to complements each other with masculine and feminine aspects balancing each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tags, hope the change gives you more inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't go too pink heavy in mine for that same reason! But I do agree with you, if your kit isn't working for you it defeats the purpose of making it, so make another one! I love the rooster in this one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you enjoy scrapping with this, it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done for recognising what does or doesn't work for you. great job on making a kit that will be good for you :-)

    ReplyDelete