Saturday 4 April 2015

Scrapping and blogging again - "It's A New Season!".

I cannot believe that it's been 3 months since I last blogged any of my scrapbook layouts.
I've been blogging on my Normandy Life blog sharing travel stories 
and scrapbooking with my pals over on UK Scrappers
 but haven't joined up the blogging and the scrapping long enough to get back here.
I needed an intervention (!) and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month has provided it.
As an alternative to offering a kit to forge this time 
the Master Forgers have come up with A Box and a Messy Box at that.



I began by pulling bits and bobs from my old stash together with matching papers 
but have to say I wasn't "feeling" it. 
I was getting an altogether different look than I wanted for this time of year, 
it was looking a bit "Halloweeny" IYKWIM?
So, back to the drawing board.


I kept the black and white papers, ditched the orange tones and went with pink and blue 
which to be honest aren't my colours usually either but seemed to work with the b/w.


The black & white pp's are all so old I don't remember the makers names!
The rest are from lilybeedesigns; crate paper; fancypants; chatterbox (very old) & teresa collins.
I think I'll also be using lots of plain white cardstock this month.


Back to my embellishment stash I went and put together accent pieces, washi tapes, tags, cards and part used alphas to complement the pp's.
Finally I dipped into my new purchases brought back from Michael 's, HHI, last week: Heidi Swap Foil Packet Cards; white parisiennes (brads to you & me); foil & thickers alphas.


Also, some Prism chipboard stickers; teresa collins buttons and Simple Stories chipboard frames recently purchased from a French online source.
The end result is a much brighter kit with a springtime feel which I'm calling "It's A New Season!".

9 comments:

  1. You're right - the black and white papers do look really nice with the pinks and blues. I have some very old pieces in my kit too - isn't it great to finally use them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy coincidence we thought the same about the kit! I love what you've done with it and look forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors. I really like the pinks and blues. Can't wait to see your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, Maggie. I taken just about all my scrapbooking supplies to the thrift store in one of my clean out campaigns. I haven't worked on a scrapbook page in several year. I have started back with some art journaling. ;-)
    Glad you are back home and enjoying a new project.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your twist on the kit-great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back blogging and loving the look of your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of your kit and shall enjoy seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect name for the why & how of your kit change-up! Making a kit you will USE is always the way to go. It looks like a nice juicy kit to dig into :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you create :) Looks like a great kit.

    ReplyDelete